This cult, which is the second largest in terms of worshipers, centres on the worship of three triple-aspected deities. It is riven with violent sectarian disputes.
Triplicism is the dominant cult in most of southern Djapar, in an area roughly bounded by the following rivers: the Kuar/Fernau in the west, the Šerelrě in the north, and the Risčfrěšusč in the east.
This cult teaches that the multiverse is ruled by three deities, each of whom has three aspects.
- Enerč: male, LG/LN/LE (Ethicist) or LG/NG/CG (Moralist).
- Fesěrěreknč: female, NG/NN/NE (Ethicist) or LN/NN/CN (Moralist).
- Rerděsarayenč: male, CG/CN/CE (Ethicist) or LE/NE/CE (Moralist).
These three are not worshipped individually, but rather as a unit.
There are two main sects. The Ethicists believe that the deities are aligned on the Law/Chaos axis and are aspected Good/Neutral/Evil. The Moralists believe the deities are aligned on the Good/Evil axis and are aspected Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic. This is a biter schism, marked by violence and oppression on both sides.
Each of the above-mentioned sects has two sub-sects based on the question of whether the multiverse is eternal (Eternalist) or was created (Creationist). While this issue may seem more a matter for a theological debate, the dispute is also a bitter one, though not so bitter as the Ethicist/Moralist split.
Ethicist Ethicist (Creationist)
Ethicist (Eternalist) Moralist
Moralist (Creationist) Moralist (Eternalist)
Each of the sects has its own separate hierarchy and temple structure.
Relations with Other Cults
Triplicists are generally intolerant of other cults, but that does not rise to the animosity displayed for their intra-cult sectarian rivals.
Centre: Each of the four sects has its own centre
- Ethicist Creationist: Weselrer [Ssnl-27] in the Susunelnar region of the Darelrčlč Empire.
- Ethicist Eternalist: Naurĺsĺferĺm [Jkzo-40] in the Kingdom of Jikĺzaurň.
- Moralist Creationist: Felresčfad [Flrs-36] in the Kingdom of Falrerisač.
- Moralist Eternalist: Simfusĺ [Sror-01] in the High Principality of Srňrĺrelĺm.
Liturgical Language: Darčrč is the original liturgical language of the cult, although each sect increasingly uses the language of its centre.
- Ethicist Creationist: Darčrč
- Ethicist Eternalist: Darčrč and Suleje
- Moralist Creationist: Darčrč and Kelčn
- Moralist Eternalist: Darčrč and Suleje
Approximate # of Worshippers: 12,559,500
- Ethicist: 6,961,000
1. Ethicist/Creationist: 3,722,500
2. Ethicist/Eternalist: 3,238,500
- Moralist: 5,598,500
1. Moralist/Creationist: 2,714,000
2. Moralist/Eternalist: 2,884,500
Back to Religions List
Back to Djapar Home page
Back to NRG Games Home page